Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Netbook enough for EQMOD?

Hello all.

As the title says, do you think 1 Gig RAM in a netbook is enough to use EQMOD,PHD,Canon remote control etc? I am guessing that these don't use much RAM.

The OS would be XP (rather than vista or W7).

All post processing would be done on another, much more powerfull machine.

Thanks for your continued help

Jeremy:hello2:

G'day Billy, thanks for the reply. I will be using an unmodded 500d. APT looks good and pretty cheap too.

I presume your NC10 uses W7 Starter edition? Is there a application limit with that version of windows?

Thanks

I had to connect my netbook to a monitor in order to install EOS Utility (which contained the driver for my 40D so that I could use APT) as it required 1024x768 resolution (my netbook only has 1024x600).

However, once it was installed (and although you have to exit out of EOS utility before firing up APT), EOS Utility / APT runs fine off the netbook (although the weather hasn't allowed me to use it all in anger yet...:)).

I presume your NC10 uses W7 Starter edition? Is there a application limit with that version of windows?

Thanks

Samsung N150Plus, Win 7 starter as OS. Got few problems with installing ATP, but managed to get it running. As far as I am aware, there is no aplication limit .

The samsung NC10 has a driver update that lets you get 1024x768 screen resolution.

My other Netbook is a Te5co eMachine 250. Does everything you mention but I have not found a way to get past 1024x600 which is a pain sometimes as you loose the bottom part of some windows.

Archived