Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Fancy a trip to the center of the universe : I need volunteers

Catanonia

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wouldn't we have already proven it by sending all our cats to the centre of the universe?

We have two cats - they're lovely and I am very glad we have them around but not a day goes by without me wishing one or both of the little buggers dead!

That's a very good point you raise. Only an intelligent species would get rid of all cats.

We have 4 male neutered cats, two really affectionate, 1 home based big fat ginger tom - hes trying to diffract his way to another universe by occuping the lowest possible energy state, and boris. Boris is what you need for this experiment. c100% efficency, can be usually be found at thetop of th 60 foot silver brich on on a twig waving around it the breeze. Watching him walk up a tree is an essay on "im going up? Oh I hadnt noticed".

PS two female cats in the houses either side! So no neighbour problems. Just no mice in the gardens.

occuping the lowest possible energy state

That sounds like a good candidate for strapping to a piece of buttered toast.

Boris is what you need for this experiment. c100% efficency, can be usually be found at thetop of th 60 foot silver brich on on a twig waving around it the breeze.

OTOH it's going to be hard to catch this one ... climbing to the top of a 60 ft silver birch isn't sensible for a human, let alone trying to attach things to an agile cat at that altitude ... probably worth strapping bits of toast (buttered side down) to your feet before you try, unlike a kitty you probably won't land feet first without some sort of assistance ...

He can get up down with no effort, regretably however his favourite trick is to launch himself off the top of the tree, catch a crow or seagull mid flight and land with it on the soft patch of grass. You have no idea how good im getting at retrieving birds before he dispatches them.

As for Oscar...(the Tom) hmmmm!!! <grin>

His quantum state should be the subject of a CERN thesis!

We know cats always land on thier feet and bread always falls butter down on carpets.

There's a small but very important flaw in yours premises: Bread doesn't always fall with butter side down! It's just more likely to happen that way.

In fact, the probability of bread falling with butter side down is proportional to the value of the carpet. So to maximize the odds, you'd need to cover the side of the spaceship facing the mouvement's direction with a very expensive carpet. That will increase the budget a lot.

And with such an expensive carpet on the wall, you better keep all those cats and cows away (or you can use some os those wifes if they volunteer to keep the carpet clean...:)).

Anyway, you can't send all the cats because mine will stay here:D

Archived