Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Went to my first astronomy group last night

Claire

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Astrophotography can be inspiring but can hide the real amount of kit and time to produce it.

Claire I'm so glad that you had a positive experience at your local Astro club. I was a bit worried you might come out with a horror story that would put you off the subject altogether. There are some very good clubs out there but there are some that are horrendous and have done more to put people off than to stay.

Hope you go back to them soon and perhaps to have the opportunity to look through some scopes when they do a public observation night.

Clear skies

James

Hi Claire,

just wanted to say I also went to my first group in December and took my 5 year old daughter along, we loved it, they have their own scope so we saw Jupiter and 2 moons! I've just found this forum and its encouraging to find another female with young ones so quickly :))

kind regards

Amy

you can make something like a 'barn door tracker' for peanuts if you can use a drill and a saw.

some links and examples here Stellafane Links Page see under 'other components'

The second link there (Better Barn Door by Stephen) is one of my concoctions -- just shout if you decide to try it (or the simpler hand-driven one) and need help.

Archived