SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My first photo of the night sky.

GothicFighter

Well, here is it lads.

Finally got a relatively clear sky. Still some clouds roaming around but it's OK.

My first photo of the sky ever took:

Samsung ES-10 point-and-shoot digital camera.

8s shutter speed

ISO 400

21335721.jpg

I'm pretty excited. There are stars that I couldn't see with my naked eyes that showed up in the photo. Really surprised.

Thanks!

Well, I'll buy my first pair a binoculars in about 2 months(a Celestron Skymaster 15x70 :icon_eek:) so nothing expensive(for now, of course :D)

@jgs001 Indeed, it was a single image. I've heard about the software but does it actually do something if I only stack images with the same exposure etc.?

@spaceboy The camera was on a simple tripod(which I'll use for the binoculars). The photo was took in 8 seconds so I don't think there was a need for a tracking mount.

Thanks again for the feedback. Let's hope I get clear sky soon.

• 2 weeks later...

@jgs001 Indeed, it was a single image. I've heard about the software but does it actually do something if I only stack images with the same exposure etc.?

The quick answer is yes, it will make the stars brighter and show dimmer stars that a single image will not show. But this is a slippery slope you are standing on...

Cheers,

Chris

Archived