Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep2_banner.thumb.jpg.e37c929f88100393e885b7befec4c749.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
CH

Multi eye piece

Greg (Phattire) uses something similar - Borg, I think.

The Borg unit is an eyepiece turret like those that used to be supplied by Zeiss and Unitron. The Galileo one is supplied with cheap Galileo Visions Newts and is like a microscope nosepiece back to front - different from the turret.

Is it worth purchasing or is it a piece of Rubbish?

I've never seen one, but if in it, it may not be tough enough to hold 3 eyepieces without flexing. The trouble is, if it turns out to be rubbish, there won't be much you can do to put it right.

looks cool to me. I would give it a try. It's gotta be worth it if it does work. And if it's anything as strong as it looks, I can't imagine you having any trouble, unless you use those really heavy EPs (where was it on the forum I read about someone having EPs that weighed over 300 gms?!?)

Andrew

well, actually I'm not sure about the barlow part. I forgot about that. I wouldn't have three EPs to use with a 3x barlow! It would make it impossible to enjoy widefield views without removing the unit to slip in your 30/40mm EP. And who knows how decent the barlow is...? If it wasn't for the barlow, I'd pounce thereupon.

Andrew

Well, if you want a turret, get the Borg one (S/h about £45 - £50). If you want a barlow, get a barlow. this looks a bit ... bendy to me.

Arthur - just saying is all :)

And eyepieces seem to be getting heavier. My 21mm Baader Hyperion weighs 380gm and I believe the fattest ones from Televue and William Optics weigh about 1kg.