Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What functions of Photoshop/other packages do you use?

I'm currently developing some software and I'm interested in what functions you use in Photoshop et al?

I know of some of the features but I want to get an idea of wht feature and why. This many also uncover some novel ideas that other users may find interesting.

I use Lightroom. The main tweaks I use are;

the usual... temp, tone, exposure, colour sat/vib, brightness and contrast

Clarity (increases contrast without making pics look over done)

Noise Reduction 'Luminance' and 'Detail'

Sharpening 'Amount' (sometimes)

Tone Curve

B&W

Other than 'Sharpness' and the 'B&W' option, all this get used on every image, particularly the Tone Curve.

I'm currently developing some software and I'm interested in what functions you use in Photoshop et al?

I know of some of the features but I want to get an idea of wht feature and why. This many also uncover some novel ideas that other users may find interesting.

It's always nice to have something new but are sure that you are able to offer something really different etc that people would want? Another option would be to develop some astro related addons for photoshop (such as Gradient Xterminator) or develop something for Pixinsight (great program but a bit user unfriendly).

I would be unlikely to use a new program having invested in the above but addons certainly could be attractive..............just a thought.

Paul

I find the powerful photoshop plugins Noise Ninja and Russell Crowman's Gradient Xterminator very useful, they are not too expensive.

However photoshop itself way over priced, no wonder there are so many illegal copies floating around. Does anyone know if the GIMP freeware is able to handle 16 bit TIFFs yet?

Levels and curves applied via a wide range of selection tools. These are the main ones.

Layers and masks - essential - again via selection tools.

Distortion tools, notably radial blur and Pinch.

Median filter for artefacts.

It goes on...

Olly

Archived