SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi I'm from sunderland

Third rock

Hi, My wife bought me a celestron powerseeker 114 for xmas. It's my firts telescope, Thank's to great site's like this I saw my first plannet lastnight. (Jupiter)SAM_0061-1.jpg And four moon's around it. This was taken with a cheap camera against the eyepiece. Had some great view's of the moon too. I would like to no if i can get a digital eyepiece for my telescope and a recomended image editor. Any info would be much apreciated.

Third Rock

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Third Rock

Welcome to the forum. Nice image of jupiter and moons.

There are various methods of attaching the camera to the eyepiece, from eyepiece adaptors using filter threads to clamps which hold the camera in place. Probably best to have a look at the FLO site to see what they have and give them a ring for some advice. The guy's there are friendly and very helpful.

Hi and welcome to SGL.

You should be able to get some good results using a webcam like a philips spc900 and use editing software called registax.

Someone will probably provide you with the relevant link.

Thanks for info, I have looked up Registax software and there seem's to be a few versions. Just wondering which one is recomended.

Regards

Hi and welcome to the forum.

If astrophotography is your goal can I suggest you read Steve Richard's "Making Every Photon Count" (FLO £19.95) before buying any kit. This book is a comprehensive look at what kit you need to achieve the level and quality of images you may want. It is important to have an overview of this topic as it can prove expensive and in fact this book could actually save you money.

Hope you don't mind my suggestion its just that imaging is often seen as an easy thing to do but like everything else, it's takes a lot more effort you get out what you pay for.

Clear skies

James

hi and welcome, if you want to image things like the moon and planets get a web cam, try morgans computers, they can do a philips 880spc, flashed to 900spc spec and the nosepiece adaptor for about £30 give or take, then you will need a capture software , i use craterlet, its free to down load, plus you will need a laptop, unless your desktop is right by telescope

Thanks for info, I have looked up Registax software and there seem's to be a few versions. Just wondering which one is recomended.

Regards

Hi again, to be honest i usually download the newest version as it may have upgrades not on older versions, but be warned, imaging can be addictive.:icon_eek:.

Hi again, to be honest i usually download the newest version as it may have upgrades not on older versions, but be warned, imaging can be addictive.:icon_eek:.

HAHA I hope so. I have downloaded the 5.1 version. Just waiting for my webcam and adapter arriving:hello2:

Archived