SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

'Sale' Forum? Where is it?

wolfytom

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's there, but in am effort o prevent traders buying kit cheap and selling on, there is a minimum post rule of 50 posts required before the sale boards become available. This isn't a large number to achieve, join in, ask some questions etc.

I try to put a welcome message in for every newbie to the board and with my post count I hardly need extra posts.

I do it because when I joined the fact that people gook time to say Hi gave me encouragement and back then there was no 50 post rule. People did it cos they were nice....I do it because I think its a nice thing to do as well.

There are plenty of boards out there where you can join and no one ever acknowledes your presence making you feel like you arenot welcome or wanted.

I try to put a welcome message in for every newbie to the board and with my post count I hardly need extra posts.

I do it because when I joined the fact that people gook time to say Hi gave me encouragement and back then there was no 50 post rule. People did it cos they were nice....I do it because I think its a nice thing to do as well.

There are plenty of boards out there where you can join and no one ever acknowledes your presence making you feel like you arenot welcome or wanted.

Well said. That's what I do. I make a point of welcoming everybody as I remember how the welcome message made me feel. Encouraging new members is far more important than post counts :icon_eek:

Hmm i wonder if the post count was removed from the welcome board (as it is the lounge) would the number of welcomes drop ??

You do see advice given to new members to say hello to other "newbies" to get their post count up so they can see the For Sale board for example, to me that seems an empty welcome rather than a genuine one.

It is annoying to click the new posts button and to see a page of "welcomes"by the same member usually seconds apart saying "hello" ,now im guessing in the majority of cases this is just Post harvesting nothing else.

That explains why so many people are so keen to 'welcome' noobies!

27x posts all saying 'welcome' have been removed. Please don't look for ways to bypass rules designed to benefit and protect SGL's community. If your interested in SGL only as a source of secondhand kit please consider other more appropriate websites like Ebay or Astro Buy/Sell.

Yes I must admit I,m finding it abit frustrating that I have to wait a month ! The scope I,m after seems to be on a long back order so i,m looking for a good used one

Well said. That's what I do. I make a point of welcoming everybody as I remember how the welcome message made me feel. Encouraging new members is far more important than post counts :icon_eek:

The chorus of welcomes I got on my first post here immediately said a lot about the community and were almost all from people with hundreds or thousands of posts. :D I can't remember the last time I was given such a warm welcome to a forum, and I frequent dozens of the things.

The chorus of welcomes I got on my first post here immediately said a lot about the community and were almost all from people with hundreds or thousands of posts. :icon_eek: I can't remember the last time I was given such a warm welcome to a forum, and I frequent dozens of the things.

This is the effect it should have. People should feel welcome here, it's a great place to be.

I'm on a lot of other forums, one of them for nearly 12 years (my post count is in the hundreds of thousands), and this is the friendliest forum I know. Let's hope a cynical minority don't spoil things.

:icon_eek: Well said, Mel.

The welcomes here are always genuine. A great place and the 50 rule makes me feel far safer when looking at member's wares :D

I think no. But the admin team here will have a 6th sense on who is and isn't a trader.

Lots of 'joe publics' buy and sell loads as it's a great way to get the kit you want. Sell what you're not using to fund what you need. One of the neat things about this hobby.

I have personally seen only one thing on sgl which i would consider trading, after the rule was introduced and was a known and approved trader, i am not sure on the requirements to be a sgl trader.

Sent from my ZTE-RACER using Tapatalk

I have personally seen only one thing on sgl which i would consider trading, after the rule was introduced and was a known and approved trader, i am not sure on the requirements to be a sgl trader.

Sent from my ZTE-RACER using Tapatalk

That's because the forum is well moderated :icon_eek:

Archived