SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

DEMO M42 IN COLOUR

CELESCOPE

This is one i done to show Moon dog how sensitive the Atik 16Hr is , this is only 3 subs of 45 secs, of course there was a lot of noise with few subs and not a huge amount of data , but what i used was the HA filter , scope used was the ED80 , the process i used was the combine in Maxim, then as soon as the combine was done i went into the DDP digital process in Maxim, this brings out whatever hidden data there is , once happy with that , i finished it off in Photoshop, the colour was from another image i had , used layers to combine the colour data to the mono image, the result as u can see is not brill but of an acceptable level .

i will hopefully do this more justice when its next clear and can put some reall data into each sub .

Cheers

Rog

image.jpg

Rog, I'm guessing this is with the focal reducer and binnedx2. The f/r will bring the ED80 down to F5 and binning makes it 4 times as sensitive so like F2.5 (except image scale stays the same). That makes for one sensitive set up. Would be interesting to see what would appear at F7.5 unbinned.

Archived