Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anyone going to Astrofest?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Intend to get over.

Anyone know of a decent coffee house or similar near to the venue?

Just thinking I may try and grab something outside at lunchtime instead of joining the sea of people in the small refreshment area inside the venue.

Kensington is no longer in the congestion charging zone but parking in the area is very expensive. There is a car park below the venue but it costs £17.50 for 6 hours. The pay and display in the streets just a short walk from the high street is £2.20 per hour (and more if you get closer).

Andrew

Anyone know if there will be a book signing, who will be signing books and what time do they normally have this? Harry wants his books signed (Wonders of the Solar System and Astronomy Year Book 2011) but i have no idea. I'm praying it won't interfere with lunch.

We went off to find a Burger King last year and sat on the bench outside the venue. A proper restaurant sounds good this year.

Patrick and Brian will be signing on the Saturday around lunchtime

Excellent thanks Nick. That's good and bad news then. :) There's no way Harry will go anywhere until his books are signed and the queue will be huge.......oh dear, no lunch. :)

Sounds like a plan - do you want to arrange somewhere to meet or just assume we'll bump into each other or ........ prefer not to meet me?

Mike.. PM me your mobile mumber and i'll ring when we get there....Or i'll have a red carnation in my left lapel and carry The Daily Telegraph under my right arm...

Oops.....Wrong forum...

Seem to have the idea that someone said that Brian Cox would be signing, but that the books had to be purchased there. As in not ones you have presently and take along.

Hope I am wrong but please be aware in case of disappointment.

I'm going on Saturday with my brother. I'll be looking for a decent diagonal and maybe an eyepiece or two. He wants to find out about imaging software. Wish I was going to see some of the speakers but won't have time!

I wil be there on both days for browsing and listening - Allan Chapman always gives a lecture worth listening to, and Brian Cox should be good too. You can usually get tickets on the day - except for the sessions where Patrick Moore is speaking, but he is not listed to speak this year.

Seem to have the idea that someone said that Brian Cox would be signing, but that the books had to be purchased there. As in not ones you have presently and take along.

Hope I am wrong but please be aware in case of disappointment.

Oh that is a disappointment :)

Don't really want to buy a second copy of Wonders, especially at the likely price on the day.

At least Friday, maybe both days (maybe meeting old friends on the Sat). Got me a shopping list this year! Also to check out some other bits I maybe after soon as well.

I usually go to Giraffe for lunch... good quality and quick.

All the best

PEter

I usually go to Giraffe for lunch... good quality and quick.

All the best

PEter

What sort of food do they do there Peter? Are the prices reasonable? I fancy something different to Burger King this time.

Archived