Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anyone going to Astrofest?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope to be there Saturday. Havn't been since I was man'ing the FAS stand back in 2000 (job change and 1st son arrived that year!). Said son is showing some interest so I'll be dragging him away from the Xbox for the day :)

Ive got no money to spend there ive just filled up the central heating oil tank 1400 liters at 62p per liter plus tax :) .... bang goes the astro fund :evil6:

but it will be great to meet up with some of the SGL family......im looking forward to it

Hi Peter,

I am going on Saturday to spend more money!!!

Nice to meet up with you and other SGL members on the day.

Must not tell the wife about Astrofest, she asks hard questions like "How much I have spent"?

Peter

Ive got no money to spend there ive just filled up the central heating oil tank 1400 liters at 62p per liter plus tax :icon_eek: .... bang goes the astro fund :D

but it will be great to meet up with some of the SGL family......im looking forward to it

Did you go to those rip off merchants known as Boilerjuice?

big article in the papers about them price fixing/hiking

See you Friday anyway..

Myself, Rob and Harry will be going on the Saturday now. We were going on the Friday but i have been unable to book the time off. Works out well as we all have some books for signing.

Hopefully we may bump into some of you there.

Going by last year (my first visit), they have some discounts but i was quite disappointed how small the discounts were and how few bargains there were to be had. If it wasn't for Scopes'n'skies, there'd been almost nothing approaching a bargain.

Not complaining though, i was only up there for a browse, not to buy. More or less the same for me this year too. Although Harry (my son) has some money to spend, so i can help him spend it.

Will be there Friday afternoon and Saturday.

Going with my mate from Bradford, but meeting my dad who's travelling up from Weymouth, so hopefully the trains will arrive when they should otherwise it'll be fun!

Credit card being warmed up as we speak...

I'll be there on Saturday to look around the exhibition. Got a good deal on a Meade 5000 last year, but resources are thin this year since I just got a camera. It would be nice to meet some other members. Maybe we could generate an ID badge with SGL and your user name on it.

Archived