SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Brough Astronomy Society ( Brough ) East Yorks

Horus

I have just read an article in my local newspaper asking anyone interested in Astronomy to attend a meeting of the

Blackburn Leisure Astronomy Society meeting in Brough East Yorkshire this weekend. They have only given a telephone number but no exact time and date and i,m having problems making contact.

I'll post any info I get later.

Found a link to their website............. Home - Brough Astronomy [bLAS]

Rich

I've just spoken to Paul Reed from the club and had a personal invite to try out some of their equipment before I buy anything. They have their own observatory and it's open every clear night. This weekend is an open meeting following the Stargazing programme . The local BBC have taken a keen interest in the club.

If anyone locally fancies a look in this weekend please come down

The weather forecast for the weekend doesn't look too promising at the moment

Somebody will be there even if it rains, I,m going at 6 ish still to look at their observatory and have a coffee and chat.

See you there maybe John ?

Somebody will be there even if it rains, I,m going at 6 ish still to look at their observatory and have a coffee and chat.

See you there maybe John ?

What day are you going ?

Don't know if i going yet, as i've tweaked my back, don't know if its from over-doing it at swimming or from standing in the cold looking thru my telescope

Just popped down and met George and Paul , apparently the had 150 people down last night because the BBC came down to do a programme .

Their observatory is awesome but unfortunately the pesky clouds were ever present !

Big thanks to the people from BLAS, just got back from doing some viewing this evening, luckily the rain had finished its pass and clear skies moved in.

Tried various scopes viewing Jupiter, Moon, Orion Nebula, M45 etc, got some good advice and a large portion of enthusiam.

Nice one John, I'm off to the airport in an hour or so for a week Stargazing in Tenerife , catch you when I come back

Rich

Set of early and stop by before you go to the airport - although you probably miss the flight as you'll stay too long. :)

Followed up the knowledge received from Sunday evening and reading 'First Left at Orion' to do a bit of viewing tonight in my back garden, started on the moon, then Betelgeuse, then M42, Jupiter, Aldebaran, then M45 (had to squat for that). Tried M36 but the moon was too bright by then.

T'was a good night's exploring

Archived