SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Newbie who's just had some amazing service from FLO

charlieorca84

Just thought I best say hello after having lurked for a week or two. Have been looking at the stars for years but never with any scopes or bins.

I've got a strong interest in Photography and really fancy trying some astrophotography so decided to contact FLO for a bit of guidance.

Have now purchased an Astrotrac to have a play with, and some 15x70 bins to aid hunting the skies.

I popped in to collect it all as I'm local to them, thought it would be nice to meet some people who are already clued up on the skies.

They'd run out of battery packs for the Astrotrac so have lent me a powertank until they come in, then they'll happily drop the battery holder to me as one of them is from Taunton...

Thats what I call service, very encouraging as a total novice to all this.

I certainly know where I'll be buying all my kit in the future!

Thanks again guys, roll on a clear evening!!

Hello all... Well first clear (ish) Night with my new Bins and have just had my first look at Jupiters moons, all 4 main ones and they look amazing from down here!

I'm hooked, just need my mount so I can set up the Astrotrac (Damn jessops and they're out of stockness!)

Archived