SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Rosette Nebula DSLR

GrantEb

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...

Hi Grant,

1st of all let me congratulate you on the beautiful picture you have here. Great detail, color and contrast. Great job and very insipiring.

I'd like to ask you a couple of things - if you don't mind - about your setup on this one.

1-What mount and OTa did you use on theis one? Was it the 190MN? and the mount?

2-Also what gear did you use for flats?...light box, LED's, ets?

3- for post production did you only use DSS?

4- and for capturing with the Canon DSLR...what did you use?

Sorry for being a bit of a nag...but I like to learn with the best :rolleyes:

cheers,

Paulo Mesquita...from Portugal

OK, apologies in advance if you think I have murdered your image. I am no astrophoto processing expert by a million miles but given the chance to play around with s TIFF full of date I couldn't resist. Instead of trying to improve on yours I thought I would create a different interpretation. Hope you don't mind.

Feel free to slate it.

post-27930-133877676289_thumb.jpg

That looks great, thanks Steve. So much more detail and less noise.

Am I right in saying that the "redness" on the left of all the images is mostly noise, and not nebulosity?

Cheers

Yes, I think the left hand edge/corners have a bit of glow coming from somewhere in them, quite possibly a result of heat from the camera running 10min subs.

I'd do some gradient removal to get rid of the extreme red tinges in the corners at least.

Awesome pic though!!! Lovely, loads of detail!

Oh, and I too was wondering what scope you used? You don't mention a scope in your sig and that certainly wasn't taken with a 200mm Canon lens I assume ;-)

Ben

Couldn't resist! ;)

What superb data - much better than the rubbish I usually have to contend with. I've never done the Rosette, but if I did and it turned out anything like this I'd be chuffed to bits. :rolleyes:

post-21238-133877676684_thumb.jpg

Archived