SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Howdy Y'all

Christophenes

Hello there, my name is Chris, I live in the south west of England. I have been interested in Astronomy since I was a small boy, now I am older and can afford to buy the equipment I need, here I am.

I am really interested in astro-imaging and can't wait to get out there and take some pictures of our beautiful Universe. I only have a small Celestron Astromaster 130EQ at the moment but it's been perfect in introducing me to the Cosmos.

I also have a Canon EOS 20D which coupled to the telescope I hope to capture some semi decent pictures.

Anyhow as this is just an intro, I really just wanted to say hi! :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum.

Good scope you have there for observing but without motors to track objects you are going to be limited as to what images you can produce. Deep Sky Objects (DSO's) need longer exposures than say planets because they don't project as much light and so it will take you longer to collect the 'data' that you need to ensure correct exposure. Pop a question over on the imaging section to see what you will need to help you capture the type of images you're after.

Clear skies

James

Archived