SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Leeds...

pss53

Hi Folks, found this through our lass getting me a scope for xmas from FLO...

An extreme newbie, think i've set my scope up right, managed to have a look at Jupiter and the moon recently and gobsmacked, hope I'll be able to get some tips maybe meet up and learn off others...

I've got one of these...

Startravel - Skywatcher Startravel 80 (EQ1)

Any tips or anything would be welcome !! :-) plus any meetings round my neck of the woods i'd be interested in going along to get some help?

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi Paul.

i'm just over the hill in Bradford. I have just signed up to the Bradford Astronomy Association. They seem like a really good bunch. I too am just starting out and have been overwhelmed by the amount of support and advice given by all at SGL and BAA.

All the best Martin.

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on your new scope and on finding jupiter - it can only get better! I think that joining a group is a really good idea as there is nothing better than someone stood by you showing you the ropes. One useful purchase will be to get hold of a good star map to help show you where stuff is. Now there is a program called STELLARIUM which you can easily google and download and best of all - its FREE. Such a useful tool that can tell you what's in the sky on a given date and when it will be appearing in your part of the sky that's available to you.

Don't forget this forum is a great resource which is underpinned by people'e experience and who may own the very scope you have. Any questions please ask away in the relevant section.

Clear skies

James

Archived