SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First light , new toys have an outing :)

Well , treated myself to some new toys at xmas and finally managed to get to play with them

Skywatcher 120 evostar (2nd hand astro buy and sell)

Skywatcher electric focuser

Astrotrac

Sky vaguely clear this evening so thought would give my astrotrac setup a quick try. Managed to get two3 minutes subs before the clouds, one of orions nebula the other the horsehead, a little noisy and lightpolluted and some moon light chucked in but promissing. Easy to set up , very impressd and looking forward to some great photos.

Evostar - as i was bored got the evostar out whilst the astrotrac was doing its thing and had a quick look at the moon and jupiter. Slight fringing on the moon however this was remedied using the baader fringe killer which gave it a slight yellow hue, but overall greatly impressed.tried 32 mm,15mm and 2.5 on the moon, and althought the 2.5 was not terribly usable on jupiter it ws just about acceptable on the moon and if seeing was better it may just be ok. Used the skywatcher electric focuser and found easy to fit and it was excelent in use making the scope a joy to use with minimal vibration during operation, heartily recommended.

Archived