Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

YAM42 - Yet Another M42

samtheeagle

Fantastically clear last night, so I took the opportunity to make a run at M42... I've tried to get a "good" image a number of times now, but I've never been happy with the results. It's hard to get the detail without getting the core all burned out :) So last night I tried a new technique for me, multiple exposure lengths for layering in photoshop. Here's the result:

post-16299-133877515982_thumb.jpg

Imaging was done with my C80, and there are a mix of 10, 30, 60, 120 and 300 second subs in there! Darks and flats too! This is the first process of the data, and I think there are probably many different ways of working it, so I shall have lots more fun playing :evil6:

Thanks Mark, last night was fabulous! Sooooo clear, I went to a site a little out of town to reduce the LP, and after an hour or two there I could make out the milky way :evil6: Awesome! :) Kept me very happy whilst I froze waiting for the images...

I've just noticed that in my excitement to process the data I missed a step or two in the tutorial I was following :eek: so hopefully I can improve on the core with another attempt.

Archived