Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Crossed the finish line...Whoopee

peter shah

Here it is ive still a few final tweaks but the is basically it....nearly 17 hours in total....it really has been a task to complete ....the final frame was a little noisy so i will grab a bit more for it.

for those who dont know its a three frame mosaic with extra image data from previous Horse Head and M42 images.

The final image was 164Meg!!

shame i cant show it any bigger

here is a link slightly larger version but still only 20% of the original

www.astropix.co.uk

thanks for looking

a very satisfied Peter :)

post-17181-133877516468_thumb.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG, thats is fantastic. I can easily lose myself in this image. I was quite pleased with my attempt at M42 until I saw all these here on the forum, lol. Still gives me the motivation to improve.

great image peter i have it as a screen wallpaper, one or two queries not criticisms, what is the ring in the image / i have posted a marked pic back also the diffraction spikes are quite long , i wondered is that off pic or have you added them, still agreat image all the same

post-18854-133877515967_thumb.jpg

Many thanks for the comments everyone, i am very pleased with it...Pete/Nick im not sure my computer can take another frame...im not sure i can :evil6:

great image peter i have it as a screen wallpaper, one or two queries not criticisms, what is the ring in the image / i have posted a marked pic back also the diffraction spikes are quite long , i wondered is that off pic or have you added them, still agreat image all the same
The diffraction spikes are real....this scope gives a very clean spike :) The halo is caused by the bright star Mintaka just off the shot (I think) its something i will sort out
Hi Peter, very very nice pic forgive my noviceness (?) and dont shout but why 17 hours. I would love to get into astrophotgraphy, and hope you dont need 17 hours for all pics lol.

Thanks

Dave

17 hours isnt usual (unless your name is RobH :eek:) This shot is mad up of 6 frames three main frames for the area and 3 high res shots of M42, the running man nebula and the horse head. Because i use a B/W camera each one of these frames have separate Red Green and Blue exposures....so it can take a while

Nothing but the highest praise here Peter. That was some marathon, but a most splendid construction of this huge area of very busy sky.

Top job mate. When you do the little tidy up, get it off to your favourite mag.

Ron.:):icon_salut:.

Archived