740427863_Terminatorchallenge.jpg.2f4cb93182b2ce715fac5aa75b0503c8.jpg

Tonights Feeble Offerings from moi

StarDome

Very nice shots.:)

Its very easy to over-expose the Moon. It's surprisingly bright and you can easily use ISO100 on it.

I'd recommend getting a tripod ring for the lens too (there are some very good Chinese clones of the waaaay overpriced Canon jobbies on eBay). Mounting the camera on the battery grip and hanging a long lens like that off it will lead to camera shake. it also puts a lot of strain on the screw on the bottom of the battery grip.

Very nice shots.:)

Its very easy to over-expose the Moon. It's surprisingly bright and you can easily use ISO100 on it.

I'd recommend getting a tripod ring for the lens too (there are some very good Chinese clones of the waaaay overpriced Canon jobbies on eBay). Mounting the camera on the battery grip and hanging a long lens like that off it will lead to camera shake. it also puts a lot of strain on the screw on the bottom of the battery grip.

Yeah in hindsight your right. I should have mounted it on the lens ring bracket instead, but over exhuberance got to me, first clear night for ages. Point noted. Cheers

Edited by StarDome

Chris Cross and Arthur's Theme perhaps?? good tune that!

Took that from the top of the Rockefeller Center

Yep that's the one and i haven't stopped whistling it since i saw your image. Funny how the brain associates images with sounds.

Think i'll stick Chris's greatest hits in the old CD drive now.

I've been listening to a bit of Jerry Rafferty for a while now in honour of the passing of one of the worlds greatest singer/songwriters.

Ok sorry i am going way off topic here. I cant help it.............it is my brains fault. Stupid brain associating sight and sound without asking my permission first.