Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

STARGAZING!

MoonMadAsh

It's a passion that keeps on growing every time we look through the eyepiece. However, I wish I had fallen in love with a hobby that didn't eat away at my wallet so much. Furthermore, astronomy nurtures a very unhealthy relationship between humans and cloud formations don't you think?

My best hobby atm is playing pool for pool teams got a bunch of trophies, but as I get older astronomy will probably overtake it as my favorite hobby. But still I'm only 31 years got plenty of time for astronomy

yeah we know that feeling, it will pass, and a feeling of emptiness,loneliness,heartbreak,sorrow,brief moments of elation followed by vast periods of inadequate contemplation! but we do love them shiny sky jewels! also it costs a fortune for the privilege!

hehe i know what you mean guys im litterally 4 days old to this i cant think of anything better i was a huge **** fisherman from childhood but as soon as i discovered this i truly belive this is what i have been looking for to keep me interested whilst my brain is still young (24) haha but hey maybe one day ill be ono of them guys to fly to space well thats taking a bit too far but ya get what i mean . hope for clear skies the weekend have fun and take care all

hehe i know what you mean guys im litterally 4 days old to this i cant think of anything better i was a huge **** fisherman from childhood but as soon as i discovered this i truly belive this is what i have been looking for to keep me interested whilst my brain is still young (24) haha but hey maybe one day ill be ono of them guys to fly to space well thats taking a bit too far but ya get what i mean . hope for clear skies the weekend have fun and take care all

Struggling to figure out what a ****fish is!!:)

i woulds say ...yes but frustrating at times...at least here in the UK

Frustrating being the low key word, I;ve spent hours reading and looking at other peoples ppics on this great hobby only to be rudely interuppted by some brief (and I mean very brief) observations of my own.

Jonathon.

Being an Amateur can be frustrating at times, and can also be a bit expensive, but a lot of interests can, depending on what they are and how deeply you get into them. For me it's worth it, though. Looking at the night sky gives me the same Peace that meditating does. It's like getting a soul-massage, if you know what i mean... it soothes my Spirit, satisfies my Curiosity, and feeds my Intellect. Can't ask for anything more than that, IMO. :)

I think the best thing about astronomy is that you can pick your own level of involvement. You can just look up at the sky and say "gosh, isn't that pretty", or you can begin imaging, recording scientific data or begin to understand physics.

If it wasn’t for getting my first telescope a few years back, I would never have begun my study towards an astronomy degree (OU).

nicnac were u been mate hows tricks i going to an observation sat/sun with a local club woooo:headbang:

few days away from everything and the skies where full of cloud, which was a [removed word] in itself but im back now. :icon_eek:

Archived