Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wideview eyepiece for 8" Dob.

magic77

Wanting Wideview eyepiece for 8" Dobsonian..Narrowed it down to 32mm Skywatcher Panaview,32mm Adler Superwides,30mm Revelation and 30mm Moonfish...These are all within my budget...Any advice would be much appreciated...Thanks.

I've tried a Moonfish-type eyepiece (30mm 80 degrees FoV) and it was not too nice at F/6 to be honest - astigmatism started to show far to early across the FoV for my taste.

The 68-70 degree 32mm's like the Panaview would be a better bet, IMHO.

To be fair to it, the 80 degree eyepieces perform fine and are good value at F/10 - they seem to go downhill fast in F/8 and faster scopes.

Hi I have the SW Aero 40mm, also had a 28mm SW Panaview. Using SW200p newt scope at F5, the Aero performed much better that the Panaview in terms of star sharpness towards edges - although EP are different focal lengths. Would recommend spending a little more and going for Aero or Meade SWA. again these are just my personal preferences.

If using in F9 scope Panaview was fine as was Aero, hardly any difference.

Archived