SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First time out with telescope and camera

Was it a new scope Steve? And did you align it correctly? If it asked you the date you'll probably find it wants it in USA format mm/dd/yy like all the others. I also set mine to universal time and remove daylight saving. Any of that ring a bell? :)

Hi,

Has the 50D got exposure simulation like the 60D?

When I drop the shutter speed right down, stars appear. Also, make sure you're aiming it at a star that you can see naked eye. As mine struggles seeing dim stars, even through an 8 inch.

Just a thought.

Best Regards

Was it a new scope Steve? And did you align it correctly? If it asked you the date you'll probably find it wants it in USA format mm/dd/yy like all the others. I also set mine to universal time and remove daylight saving. Any of that ring a bell? :)

Its not a Go-To. I think I aligned it right.

All the usual easy checks - is your battery source charged, the cable connected properly and is it working

Do you hear the motor when its connected

As far as live view goes, if connected to my celestron C8 its isnt great ( I have a 1000d) , make sure youre aperture setting is wide open and shutter time are correct.

I tend to use a viewfinder diagonal to check focus , which can be picked up on ebay relatively cheaply, and it has a magnification of 1.6 x on it also and that seems to work ok on the celestron

Archived