Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A distant Sun?

Mikaels

I am a layman in this field, I am a proffesional senior analyst in the computer world.

However; A friend of mine, who thinks he has got clairvoyance, has asked me to post this to one of the biggest astronomers forum on the internet, which I belive you are.

Does this make any sense at all??

WX68023456, AUST, 097345678910111213151719212283417.

AUS12157434,84

He claims it should be something that astronomers understand and it should describe "the position of a distant Sun about 5-6 Trillion Light years ahead."

Anyone?

Regards,

Mikael:icon_salut:

5 - 6 triliion Ly way is a VERY long way away...

Our own galaxy is what 100,000 ly across? The Andromeda galaxy is only 2.2 million Ly away...

So a single star 5 trillion Ly away isn't really going to be visible.

Cheers

Ant

Thanks all for your replies,

I have shown my friend this now and he is pondering about it and greets you for, as he says "We have at least tried".

I wonder though: Did that string of data actually mean something astronomically, or was it just yibberish?

Thanks,

Mikael

Objects in the night sky from Earth are normally located by using a method of Right Ascension (RA) and Declination (Dec), so I would expect to see RA and Dec figures for the object's position. The string you've given is not that.

AUS12157434

He claims it should be something that astronomers understand and it should describe "the position of a distant Sun about 5-6 Trillion Light years ahead."

Anyone?

Regards,

Mikael:icon_salut:

Google brings up what I think he's been upto behind closed doors ...

Russian Vodka Sales, Buy Russian Vodka Products from alibaba.com AU

OK, Thanks he is sitting here beside me and I have told him this is it.

Thanks to all of you who have spent valuable thinking time on this.

I assure you I won't bother you again.

Thanks,

Mikael

Please do not be bothered to much at the idle banter that interjects serious answers, there is many a time we go off at tangents. I think it is excellent that you ask around rather than taking statements at face value. If you ever have an astronomical question please do not hesitate to ask.

Archived