Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Found a telescope

Hi everyone,

I wasn't sure where to put this but here goes anyway.

While I was over at my grandparents house today I found an old telescope up in their loft. My grandfather said a man gave it to him a while back maybe 15-16 years ago. Well anyways he said I could take it home with me if I wanted. So I did just that. Now I'm not a complete beginner, I used have an old 70mm refractor when I was younger but it was a long time ago.

I was just wondering what you guys think of it and if you could shed any light on what it is (spec wise). I don't really know anything about it neither did my grandfather and all the writing on it seems to be in Russian. This could have been a cheap scope, I dunno. I haven't had the chance to get it out and test it as it is really wet out and rather cloudy.

Here's some pics for you to look at (I just put it onto my manfrotto tripod, don't have a special mount or anything.)

th_DSC_0599.jpg

th_DSC_0598.jpg

th_DSC_0594.jpg

th_DSC_0453.jpg

th_DSC_0452.jpg

th_DSC_0451.jpg

th_DSC_0450.jpg

th_DSC_0449.jpg

th_DSC_0445.jpg

th_DSC_0444.jpg

Best way to test it :eek:

if the sky is clear ofc.....

Id agree on it been Russian, however i have been unable to google anything, but thats not surprising, im sure someone here will know more about the manufacturer

Thanks for the great info guys.

I've emailed lomo to see if they can confirm that is what it is.

A funny thing also, when i was googling lomo i came across a camera that i also seen in my grandfather's loft, it appears to be a lomo zenit LC-A.

I've also been looking around for extra eyepieces but don't really know what to look for. All that I have seen don't seem to have threads, which mine do.

th_DSC_0448.jpg

th_DSC_0446.jpg

th_DSC_0445-1.jpg

th_DSC_0441copy.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Great find.

I had one of the 70mm Astele's. Very nice little scope.

This being bigger should be that bit nicer. Looks quite an old one as it's a bit different to the more modern ones. I see it has a threaded back plate, which will make it awkward to put a modern mirror or prism diagonal on the back. Hopefully the supplied one will be good quality.

Great to see all the bits there and a sturdy mount n crate. Fantastic collectors item.

Let us know how you get on with it.

Andy.

Archived