Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astro Art 4 Column defect removal

Hi group,

I was asked about this last week, and so I dediced to run some tests. The results were disappointing. With any black line column I had it made no difference which % settign I was using, I used 10%, 30%, 505, 75% and 100% and they all look the exact same. I´ll post the screen shot tomorrow, as I don´t have the pic with me, and no net at home. Also I might try some more settings, on different pics. I thought it cleaned up awhite line on a pic, but now I had better re-confirm that.

Has anyone else tried to sue that application?

Happy New year.

Tom.

Hi group,

I was asked about this last week, and so I dediced to run some tests. The results were disappointing. With any black line column I had it made no difference which % settign I was using, I used 10%, 30%, 505, 75% and 100% and they all look the exact same. I´ll post the screen shot tomorrow, as I don´t have the pic with me, and no net at home. Also I might try some more settings, on different pics. I thought it cleaned up awhite line on a pic, but now I had better re-confirm that.

Has anyone else tried to sue that application?

Happy New year.

Tom.

Hit Tom,

I have Astroart v3 only, and there I succesfully removed column artefacts from my Atik 11000 image. In v3 I had to specify which column was defected, and I was choosing to make the corrections AFTER applying darks/flats. In my case I have white(ish) column defects (artefacts ), and the results are ok, see attachments.

post-13278-133877514697_thumb.jpg

post-13278-1338775147_thumb.jpg

Thaks Jarbi,

I did maage to get of a white line, but not a black one yet. I think I was also oly trying the before applicatio. Maybe I should do the after....

Otherwise Olly, its the history and clone tools in PS to clean it up.

Archived