1825338873_SNRPN2021banner.jpg.68bf12c7791f26559c66cf7bce79fe3d.jpg

werid photo........ saturn?

garethmob

hey guys well i pointed my camera last night into a dark piece of sky (as you can see there is LP)

the sky was a little cloudy.... about half 1 in the morning (no i hadnt drank anything :() but there were no fireworks or chinese lanterns in the area of space which i noticed to my eyes it was completly dark

what exactly is it?

i took it with my 300d

post-21834-133877514339_thumb.jpg

Hi, If that's an image with the standard lens for the 300D then there is no way that's Saturn.

The FOV will be quite big and Saturn is small enough to not be anything other an a point source.

Do you have a full size version to look at? my guess at the moment would be some sort of lens flare or internal reflection.

Cheers

Ant

the lens is a 58mm helios 44 a m42 threaded lens

hopefully i got the picture bigger now lol

the dot in the middleish i was more interested in if it is internal reflection i havent seen it before in any other photos iv taken

edit: the lines are powercables from a near electric pylon

post-21834-133877514349_thumb.jpg

Edited by garethmob

im positive it had died down no more fireworks just before i packed up to go back in and i thought id just take a few seconds exposure shot of empty sky see what comes up but there was nothing in the area of the sky i havent got a zoom lens so it was just a bog standered (well as standed as my bomb proof USSR helios lens is)

Hi.

What is the light to the lower edge of the picture?

The object in question isn't in focus, but the power lines are, so I'd guess at a reflection on the front of the lens.

Unless you took the pic through a window?

Cheers

Tim

no wasnt a window i had it wide open one of them full window swing things the fire excapes. the light at the lower edge is a street light on the road about 20 to 30 yards in front of the house. it may be a reflection on the lens thought id imaged saturn or another star then :)

thanks for the help guys :(