Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

QHY5 and ASCOM Drivers

johnb

Hi

I have recived my QHY5 camera for guiding and intend to setup as follows:

QHY5 to EQ6 Mount using the ST4 Port

QHY5 to Laptop via USB

Laptop is running Windows 7

Which drivers will i need for the QHY5 and which ASCOM Drivers wil I need for the EQ6 ?

I will be using PHP for guiding

I will still be controlling the EQ6 via the Hand Controller

Lastly is there any order Ithat shoud install the drivers

Regards

John B

• 2 months later...

Hi Martin,

I have tried out connecting QHY5 to PHD in both Win 98 and Win 7 notebooks. It works fine in Win 98 but not Win 7 (i.e. ASCOM V5 camera -> CMOS QHY5 camera). The error message in Win 7 is "Problem connecting to camera". My guess is the problem has to do with QHY5 driver that I am using. I would like to try the drivers you have mentioned. Where can I get these drivers?

Thanks in advance.

Alfred

Use the drivers at the top of this section - load the driver first then plug in the QHY5 and let windows find them....Ascom is here - EQMOD

I have finally managed to connect KWIQ guider QHY5 camera to PHD in Win 7. To do that, I have uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers from qhyccd.com work. So far, I only find these drivers to work. For those who have same difficulty like me may want to use these drivers which can be downloaded from:

QHY CCD software Download

Take note to download the QHY5 update driver as well. And you must also use the QHY5 ASCOM driver.

Cheers.

Hi Martin,

I have tried out connecting QHY5 to PHD in both Win 98 and Win 7 notebooks. It works fine in Win 98 but not Win 7 (i.e. ASCOM V5 camera -> CMOS QHY5 camera). The error message in Win 7 is "Problem connecting to camera". My guess is the problem has to do with QHY5 driver that I am using. I would like to try the drivers you have mentioned. Where can I get these drivers?

Thanks in advance.

Alfred

I use a QHY5 connected exactly as said in the first post - QHY5 to HEQ5 using ST4 and then QHY5 to PC via USB - I have not used ant form of ASCOM drivers or EQMOD. Why does the OP need this? Is it different for an EQ6 mount than my HEQ5? Or is it that I am using Windows Vista?

Sara,

I am new in trying autoguiding. The instructions in KWIQ guider (using QHY5 camera) tell me to install ASCOM platform and drivers in the following order:

a. ASCOM Platform

b. QHY5 system Drivers

c. QHY5 ASCOM Driver

d. PHD

Why I need to use ASCOM??? Base on what I've read thus far, PHD will communicate with my mount motors via ASCOM platform using mount ASCOM driver. PHD establishes link with QHY5 camera and takes exposures of the drift of guiding star. The PHD establishes that the guiding star is good for guiding, calibrates and decides how much to correct the mount motor - through ASCOM drivers, I think :)

That's the theory - now that I have successfully installed all the ASCOM and camera drivers, I will plunge into autoguiding :p

Hope I have answered your question :(

Alfred

I use a QHY5 connected exactly as said in the first post - QHY5 to HEQ5 using ST4 and then QHY5 to PC via USB - I have not used ant form of ASCOM drivers or EQMOD. Why does the OP need this? Is it different for an EQ6 mount than my HEQ5? Or is it that I am using Windows Vista?

Archived