Networking over mains

I bought a couple of these adaptors to go in the obs/house and have just found an interesting/expensive problem..

It all worked fine this morning when I first got them, then I installed TeamViewer to control the obs PC...Fired up the camera and mount and lost connection!!!

By a process of elimination it seems I have two 'noisy' power supplies - one to the mount and one to the camera - thats handy then, seeing as they are the only two I can't do without. :(

If its the "link" level thats failing I am not sure changing the VnC software will help...

Are they Devolo ones...

If they are run the Devolo explorer app and see what happens to the link bandwidth as you switch on different bits of kit...

Mine varies depending whats switched on in the house...

Billy...

Hi

Put the noisy supplies on a filtered extension and put the homeplug on the other socket directly (*assuming a pair of sockets are available ). Should remove the noise and give you back operation. Failing that you can invest in a 'high-power' homeplug to overcome noisy environments. Can't comment on the success rate though

Mike

Hi

Put the noisy supplies on a filtered extension and put the homeplug on the other socket directly (*assuming a pair of sockets are available ). Should remove the noise and give you back operation. Failing that you can invest in a 'high-power' homeplug to overcome noisy environments. Can't comment on the success rate though

Mike

Yes I had thought of filtering the other sockets, I'll try the new PSU's first (cant have to many 12V supplies!) then try filtering.

Archived