Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Refractor Help

Hi Everyone, I would like some advice on buying a refractor, I have been looking at either the Skywatcher Evostar 120 or the Tal 100 RS, but when reading about the Tal I came across a link for this

Lyra Optic - Telescopes and Mounts.

Its a:

4" f/11**Achromat Doublet with Htand Corrected LensFully multicoated with 99%+ transmissionCollimateable lens cellAll aluminium *tube and dew shieldBaffled tube*

It seems a really well built telescope, but does any one have any further knowledge on this scope or would I be best choosing from the original two? and if so which one? Would be purely visual.

Thanks

ok,

i have owned the evostar 120mm and it was a fine scope, had it a long time, i recently sold the evo to get my tal 100rs and its a superb scope, if only tal made a 120mm version at similar money! the lyra looks to be a superb performer and at a great price, but you get no ep`s or diagonal with it so i would say the tal is the best value for money as it comes with a superb diagonal, a class leading finderscope and 2 really good ep`s :(

....I came across a link for this

Lyra Optic - Telescopes and Mounts.

Its a:

4" f/11**Achromat Doublet with Htand Corrected LensFully multicoated with 99%+ transmissionCollimateable lens cellAll aluminium *tube and dew shieldBaffled tube*

It seems a really well built telescope, but does any one have any further knowledge on this scope or would I be best choosing from the original two? and if so which one? Would be purely visual.

Thanks

I really like the look of that scope although it would have to be very good to beat a TAL100. Here is a review of a clone of that scope:

Astromart Reviews - Astro Telescopes 102 " Planetary Killer"

Archived