Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Photoshop CS4 Extended - £99 from Amazon

Dave

Ref post 16; you can also buy at this £ if you are a parent/guardian or even grandparent of someone in full-time education. It is amazing what 8 year olds need in school these days! ;-)

Seriously? wow happy days !

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ref Earl, not sure if commercial links are allowed but this is from their FAQ page - it is a .co.uk address which I am sure you can work out. I have never had an issue with this as a parent of primary school children. Initially there is a proof of eligibility form where essentially you choose region, education facility then individual student and that is pretty much it. There is actually a sale on at the moment. Hope it has some use for you

About Software4Students

Who can buy software at Software4Students?

Primary and Secondary students: All currently registered students of primary and second level schools in the UK

University and college students: All currently registered students of universities and colleges in the UK

Parents, grandparents and guardians: If you are a parent or guardian or have a grandson or granddaughter for whom you would like to license the software, then you can purchase the software. The main requirement to purchase is that the end user licensee must be a student or be a faculty member in one of our listed educational institutions.

Teachers: Teachers employed by an accredited primary or secondary school, or a public or private university or college

Mine arrived just now

Installed. Serial number appeared ok but...

I then got a warning from Adobe that it had already been used.

Software wouldnt run after that and kept asking for a new serial number.

Contacted Amazon for refund and return

Uninstalled

Now doing full antivirus scan...

Conclusion: pirated copy.

Wow, it's looking more likely...some of those stories are eerily familiar...

And this is all because a mate of mine offered me CS5 for "free" and I refused, saying I got a great deal on a genuine program on Amazon.

This is potentially the first time I have ever been stung in all the years I have bought items off the internet.

Adobe rep has confirmed its not a valid serial number

So what's the plan? Is it counterfeit, and will you get a refund?

Mine arrived just now

Installed. Serial number appeared ok but...

I then got a warning from Adobe that it had already been used.

Software wouldnt run after that and kept asking for a new serial number.

Contacted Amazon for refund and return

Uninstalled

Now doing full antivirus scan...

Conclusion: pirated copy.

It is possible that the key has been used on a pirated copy but it doesn't neccesarily mean that you have bought illegal software.

It will be interesting to learn what amazon have to say ....

I ordered it too and have rung Amazon to tell them of the concern that it could be a pirated version. They told me to refuse delivery of it when it arrives and it will be sent back to them, I will then be refunded. Hopefully they will look into it and get it removed if it does turn out to be fake.

I would advise not to install it as there could also be an unwanted nasties installed along with it.

Regards

Kevin

Hi all,

Mine failed to arrive today and is now due for delivery on Wed 5th Jan. I've already e-mailed my concerns to Amazon and asked how to procede to get a refund.

Oh well, c'est la vie. I'm older & wiser! Hopefully we'll all get our money refunded and Amazon will remove this from their website!

Carol :(

I feel terrible !!! :(

I sincerely hope everyone who bought this gets a refund.

Sorry :p

PLEASE PLEASE don't worry!!!! :)

I would say EXACTLY the same thing of Amazon; again I say that every purchase I have made with them in the six years I have had an account with them has been 100% legit, reliable, etc.

Amazon needs to do something about this, as I have discovered a lot of people trust Amazon in the same way; this will be eroded if hooky goods are being sold...it will just gain a reputation of being another Ebay...

When I get the package, I'll just contact Amazon again, print out a returns form and send it back.

I remember the last stonking deal from the site...the entire Stargate SG1 series plus films at under half price (£89.00 reduced from £199.99) - that was legit, too. With those sort of deals, it's easy to be conned.

Archived