Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Photoshop CS4 Extended - £99 from Amazon

Dave

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about £163 for CS5? - I bought MS Office Pro (for less than £40) from this outfit and it's completely legit (provided you are, or own, a student!)

It's worth remembering that anyone living in a household with a child attending school (even a 4 year-old!), or a teacher, can legitimately use the cheap student version of CS5.

My wife is a teacher and I have two kids at school, so I score on all counts!

I feel terrible !!! :(

I sincerely hope everyone who bought this gets a refund.

Sorry :)

Worry ye not, we are all capable of making our own descisions in life. This may yet prove to be a legitimate sale. I took a reasonable gamble on it and feel that I am fortunate enough to be able to do so. The vendors response to the claim that a different product is fake, suggests that there is still the possibility of them being ok...

Time, as they say, will tell.

Hi Guys

It's me that first pointed this out, so if anyone's to blame -it's me.

:)

Oh stop the blame game, please!!!

Eagleseye, you posted this thread with honest intentions and motives :(...there is NO way I can afford to shell out a grand on photo editing software, and theoretically, you were doing us all a favour.

As someone else said on this thread, you didn't force me to click the "buy button", it was an independant choice I made, and I got burned, with no-one at fault except the idiots who cracked & distributed the dodgy software in the first place. They'll get away with it, but Amazon will have a dented reputation.

I've been following this thread with interest, and I would just like to point out that if you buy a copy of CS5 via the student/teacher route then you'll only be able to load it onto one computer, it being a single license deal.

Happy New Year everyone.

No fault of anyone on here. Although the weather has been that bad recently that blaming it for something has my vote.:(

As yeti monster says, the fault lies with the seller of dodgy goods.

At least we will get a refund.

I just checked my system according to the instructions in the link above, and indeed my hosts file has been altered to bypass the Adobe securty system. I'm sending email rants to amazon as we speak....

Received mine today.

I put the serial number in the Adobe registration page and it was invalid (surprise, surprise!).

I contacted Amazon. They have arranged free collection and will refund my money.

They also said they will look at how pirated software is being sold via them. I wonder if we will hear anything of it?

Dave

Received mine today.

I put the serial number in the Adobe registration page and it was invalid (surprise, surprise!).

I contacted Amazon. They have arranged free collection and will refund my money.

They also said they will look at how pirated software is being sold via them. I wonder if we will hear anything of it?

Dave

DHL has just picked mine up an hour ago. I don't know why Amazon wants back a virtually worthless piece of software - the shipping cost more! They are going to be out of pocket in shipping costs, depending on how many copies of hooky CS4 programs they have sold (AFAIK, the seller sold out...). I am assuming Amazon can seek compensation?

I have recently discovered that the sale of pirated items on Amazon goes quite a few years back - it is not a unique problem. How can they properly police their sellers?

Loving the feedback...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/seller/feedback.html?ie=UTF8&asin=&marketplaceSeller=0&seller=A1WB5CIP87VZW8

love this one.... :eek:

Very frustrated as second attempt to purchase genuine article for present, again bootleg edition. One very disappointed son, two angry and frustrated parents. Product was not the article advertised."

Date: 21 December 2010 Rated by Buyer: Barbara C.

Seller Response: "As a buyer you have the unique right to not want a product after you bought it for whatever your reasons are. But to call a genuine product bootleg just because you want to return it shows lack of character. Very disappointed" Date: 21 December 2010

Just a general comment. I am very disappointed by this, always believing Amazon to be very reputable having bought many times from them.

I suppose that evey time they act as intermediary for another seller they risk their good reputation.

A great shame.

at the end of the day you get what you pay for and if GIMP had the "oomph" it wouldnt be free, but for freeware it really is an excellent graphical image manipulation program!

id say i prefer macromedia fireworks to photoshop, not sure why though...i think its just habit.

If anyone has the contact details for the Seller, it would be good to pass them on to Trading Standards and FACT.

This should lead to a prosecution for Copyright Theft, let alone refunds. (refund should not be an issue as Amazon deal with it if the seller does not)

has anyone considered G.I.M.P? its like photoshop but free, as an IT techie i can highly reccomend it!

No thanks, as a graphic artist/marketing monkey I don't recommend it; it takes many steps to execute a simple command when PS and even the humble PSP are a lot more user friendly....got to keep the blood pressure down.

As for getting what we paid for, I qualify for a genuine version of CS5 for £165....

Archived