Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestial Projectors

causerino

Hello All,

I have seen a few projectors for stuff like this:

=uk_insert&cookie_v[1]=8V&cookie_d[1]=&cookie_p[1]=%2f&cookie_e[1]=Fri%2c+28-Jan-2011+22%3a51%3a43+GMT&scrwidth=1366"]Projector

Are they actually any good? By good I mean are they interesting, factually correct and also helpful in learning the constellations? (and also relaxing?)

Does anyone have one they could recommend?

Proper planetarium projectors are expensive, to the tune of thousands of pounds I would think.

I don't know anything about the one you have linked to, but speaking for myself, I wouldn't spend money on it.

Looks no more than a toy, and probably will not display a true representation of the night sky, at any time of season.

It won't incorporate the kind of technology to make it accurate.

Ron.

At this level they are pretty much kids toys - not a serious learning tool. You'd do a lot better with Stellarium free download planetarium software :(

Might have to hook my laptop up to a projector in that case then, would get a decent size view out of that. Has anyone else done this?

Archived