Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did Santa bring you?

SniffTheGlove

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing that Santa got stuck in the snow near Exeter, he left my Celestron nexstar 127SLT with those nice people at FLO. I just have to wait till they open again for them to send it on :(. Meanwhile I'm busy reading some astronomy books Santa did manage to leave.

A lodestar autoguider :(

I knew it was comming, it's taken a couple of days to get it all fixed up into focus etc. (in between chasing after my three kids) That probably explains why the weather was so good on Christmas day and is now rubbish for the foreseeable future.

Sorry

Derek

Amanda and I managed to unwittingly buy each other the same present!!

We both got an infrared monocular (we're tight and don't want to pay the lighting bills :p)

Great minds think alike, and dumb ones never differ :(

The stars on Christmas night looked great :)

Hi,

Well, astronomy wise, Santa brought me my 1st ever telescope, a SW 150P on an EQ3-2 mount. He also brought Turn Left at Orion, an amazing book. Just too bad that it has been cloudy since Christmas day - I'm itching to get outside - for what I know will be a very frustrating 1st light. Will keep you posted....

Non astronomy, I got a flask and some warm clothing (I guess they are going to be used in line with astronomy) and the New Jimmy Carr DVD.

Happy days :(

Scott

I got a cloud filter for Christmas. You pop it on and your scope can see through even the thickest cloud.

<wakes up>

I did get some Bahtinov masks, and I would really, really like to try and use them, please, oh cloud gods!!!! :eek:

I still have to decide and show her exactly what I want for astro gear, I have nearly made my choices.

But I did get this totally sweet down and feather jacket, it's rated to -5°.

No excuses to be cold out anymore:D

Archived