Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from new member in Manchester

bodhi

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Chris,

Welcome to SGL from me also - lots of useful reading to be done on this site and I'm sure you will quickly lear a lot. Well done for getting a portable scope, geting out into a dark sky area is wonderful as you will see much more with your eyes and with the goto you will be able to see what star the scope is showing you.

Don't forget warm clothes and a hot drink.

Clear skies,

Bob :(

Thanks to everyone for the welcome. It really is a great site you guys have here, with a huge amount of knowledge and help on tap.

Welcome from sunny Rochdale!

Do pop over one Saturday evening/night and see us at the Astronomy Centre.

That looks extremely interesting, thank you for the heads up :(

Is there usually a good turn out of people there and are they a friendly bunch? I would need to pluck up some courage I think, being such a novice would be daunting there :D.

Hi Chris welcome to SGL great to see a fellow Manc here :)

Thanks very much, where abouts in the region are you? I'm down in Cheadle area. Do you visit the astronomy centre at all? Are there any other favourite spots for good viewing (or is it known as "seeing" in these circles?).

I've been checking out the weather forecast and Sunday night seems to indicate little cloud, so I've identified a decent looking spot on the southern edge of Lyme Park south of Stockport which I'm going to try. My first proper outing, so fingers crossed I manage to have some success :p

Cheers

Chris

That looks extremely interesting, thank you for the heads up :(

Is there usually a good turn out of people there and are they a friendly bunch? I would need to pluck up some courage I think, being such a novice would be daunting there :).

Hi

There are normally about a dozen regulars up there on a good night and they have been fed!

We have people at all stages and help is freely available to all at all levels - I am just a beginner and have always been made most welcome.

If we get a good Saturday night, pop up and see for yourself.

Archived