SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Astrozap Flexi-Heat Dew Shields

Wanting to buy a dew shield from first light optics for my Meade 8" LX10, the different sizes on the website suggest I want the :

To fit: 7” & 8” Mak / Sct (+£16.00)

is this the right one? Do maks and SCT use the same size, with a bit of play for both?

Any help would be appreciated

:)

I've tried to give them a ring, but with crimbo getting close I cant seem to get through to them. And no replies from emails either :p

I imagine it's a busy time for them at the moment. When did you email them? I'm sure I remember reading somewhere they try to turnaround email queries within 1 working day.

I have not had a response from FLO from an email sent on 17 Dec. It was not an urgent enquiry so I just assumed that because of the time of year and weather problems they were running a bit behind. Not a big issue for me.

As for the dew shield, I made one for my LX10, even though it actually came with a metal one. My dew shield made from a cheap camping mat and gaffa tape is much lighter then the heavy one supplied with the scope and does its job perfectly. It only takes a few minutes to make one of these.

Chris

Archived