Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Greeting and Glad Tidings

evo1972

Good Evening

My name is Matt from Wales and I've recently decided to actually do something about my burgeoning interest in astronomy. I've been interested in the solar system and universe for some time (as we all should be!) but never got further that staring at the Moon through my binoculars and/or gawping at the stars when I happen to be outside having a smoke. Recently we've had some wonderfully clear night skies and I've spent a good few hours wishing I had a telescope so I could have a better look! So birthday in January and my first telescope will be here!

Hope to learn something here and hopefully contribute in the not too distant future!

Merry Christmas!:)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Dave.

I'm thinking of getting the Skywatcher Explorer 130P with motor drive. I've just put a post in the equipment thread asking anyone if they had any views or advice regarding it. I've had a cursory look at some online retailers and review and it seems to come out well but there's nothing better than first hand knowledge!

Archived