SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Stargazing Live

nebogipfel

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I browsed quickly through Damien's website thinking, 'ok, those pics are nice, but what's everyone going on about?'. Moments later, I saw the animation of Jupiter and, like Nick, had my jaw quite literally on the floor.

It is thoroughly amazing that an image of this quality is even possible from the ground!

I browsed quickly through Damien's website thinking, 'ok, those pics are nice, but what's everyone going on about?'. Moments later, I saw the animation of Jupiter and, like Nick, had my jaw quite literally on the floor.

It is thoroughly amazing that an image of this quality is even possible from the ground!

I could have written that myself. Exactly :eek:

That is what I was thinking...

Me too but I think the idea of the show is to encourage those who have a latent interest......I would expect the whole show to be a little like that...... i think anyone can benifit by going back to basics, im really looking forward to it

Hi, just found out that the Kendal Eddington astronomy club is holding an odserving open event tonite,so I may go and see about joining the club, especially as I do not know of any other 'local' astronomers.

as to the Ross discussions, I never liked him, especially with his headline grabbing **** but everone deserves a nother chance, he may even turn out to be an asset to the publicising of astronomy and if the shows only get one new starter into astronomy that will be good -won't it ?

Hopefully it will boost astronomy item sales.

Just my 2 penneth worth.

Cheers

Martin.

cant wait for this as supercharged says its great for new comers, i really like brian cox hes a great physicsist and great at explaining things but sometimes the way he talks gets on my nerves lol, he always sounds like hes really happy and has that cheeky grin all the time, but still great guy! i can see that dara and jonathon ross are going to be a bit annoying lol

Think this will be an interesting watch specially to introduce this hobby to the masses, Prof. Cox is the perfect person for the job with the level of enthusiasm he brings.

I love how much hate there is for Ross, well Mr Marmite will be an interesting pick for the show. I'll be watching it, Brain and Dara are enough in their own rights, wossy might add a 3rd element, after all its filling a primeish spot on TV (albeit BBC2) , and the only way such programs will proceed on prime free to air TV is if they get the viewing figures, this is the way they want to do it, lets first see if he will be as bad as some of you make out before damning him.

as a layman myself and a complete novice - this is more offputting than encouraging.

Brian Cox on his recent Solar System series was fascinating and very informative unfortunately I cannot say that this has caught my attention even though I have been looking forward to this since it was first announced.

they should ditch Dara and the Hawian section and get some actual stargazing done

Archived