Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Toy

SAB

Already done my Christmas shopping and in the process may have condemned Melbourne and co to years of nonstop cloud. (oh wait, that's our average climatic normals already) :) Picked up this 8" dob on the weekend secondhand, but to be honest I had no less than 2 opportunities to try it since then, but 2am finishes at work put that idea in the coffin.

Custom built, hand figured mirrors, fully flocked (it is super pitch black in that tube!), ready to go....but not before christmas :)

Got it basically to fill the middle ground between my 120st and the 12" dob, with the aim of having something that's easy to set up, doesn't weigh much but still large enough to haul in the faint fuzzies during those times when I don't feel like or is impractical to set up the 12 incher.

dsc00117vy.jpg

dsc00119ta.jpg

dsc00122wy.jpg

thanks. It's an F/6, so same F/L as but the mirrors have been placed well inside of the tube ends to avoid dewing, hence the long tube.

The mirrors are pristine, and are hand figured and very high quality as I've been told, one gentleman (other than the owner) stated that the views were "staggeringly sharp".

Looking forward to trying this puppy out :)

Archived