Narrowband

2nd go

PeterW

OK 2nd attempt at the moon, tonight. WO 66mm with DMK41 at prime focus. Mounted on an AZ3, so only able to grab 700odd frames as the moon drifts across the sensor. Quick run through AviStack2 and a wee bit of wavelets (magic!). AviStacking actually took far longer than taking the scope out, setting up, acquiring and bringing all the kit back indoors! I think I need a bigger scope and a tracking mount!

Cheers

PEter

post-13305-133877510208_thumb.jpg

Core i5 750 with 8Gb of Ram, about to turn 1yr old.... Avisatack does not take up more than 35% load.... need to take shorter acquisitions and need to get avistack to get multicore better! Actually only takes a few minutes (literally) tops to get out, align, focus, acquire and drag all the stuff back in again!

Had some nice snow, so time to go and get another set of data tonight.

Cheers

PEter

The angle od the terminator is good too, I flipped the image to make it 'right way' up but it didn't look so good. It is amazing what rotating/flipping the disk can do to the image.

Thanks for the positive comments.

PEter

Archived