SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

LDN-1622 VDB-62 The Boogie Man Nebula

Boren

Hi Guys,

I finished processing this last night, but had to put it on USB with the hope they'll have access at this hotel…

Here's the Boogie Man I shot last week, Thursday night.

I was quite surprised to see that the original raw images included much emission on the blue and green channels, in addition to red, while I was expecting a pure HII region.

I am not sure whether the emission is indeed part of the Barnard loop supernova remnant, which might explain the non-homogeneous nature of the gas.

Finally, processing was somewhat not trivial – as there are 3 "layers" to the image – the dark nebula, above an emission area, above the sky below…

I brought 3 versions – the 800 pixels wide and 1000 pixels wide enable viewing the image on a 16" screen, and the 1200 pixels wide one provides a somewhat better resolution.

I hope you like it, and any comments whatsoever are very, very welcome!

Best, Harel

:)

post-20443-133877509386_thumb.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is well named The Boogeyman, Harel. Also known as The Phantom just east of Barnards Loop. I know only because I looked it up.:D

It does look a spooky one, and I guess it must be a difficult object to process, but you have succeeded well, as the image indicates.

I had a look on your site, and enjoyed perusing your other work.

A wonderful album of images they are too.

The Negev must be a great place to have an imaging station.:)

Ron.;)

Thanks Ron!

The Negev has very good sites indeed. I don't have a station, and till a few months ago I used to use a location with is rather comfortable (with little huts you can sleep a little after an imaging session). However, in pursue after the best site, we have shifted to another location, much darker and very deep in the desert. No phone communication, no electricity (we bring our own generator) and a real feeling of pioneers... I got some pictures of the site posted here: Equipment & Star Parties Photo Gallery by Harel Boren at pbase.com

Cheers,

Harel :)

Thanks Peter, Stephen and TJ - I'm glad you liked it !!

TJ, I did use poxinsight in parts of the processing of this. Indeed so

e of the heavy lifting in PS beco

es simple with Pixinsight, but then again I feelthat with pixinsight I sometimes kind of lose the sense of direct control over the image.

Stephen I'll be glad to answer any question you might have about the scope.

Cheers

Harel

Have you sold any to the UK market Boren?

Hi Stephen,

We haven't sold any in the UK yet !!

Now that central EU distribution is up and running :), we'll be selecting an UK exclusive distributor after the holiday.

Cheers,

Harel

Hi Stephen,

We haven't sold any in the UK yet !!

Now that central EU distribution is up and running :(, we'll be selecting an UK exclusive distributor after the holiday.

Cheers,

Harel

Hi Harel,

Who will be in charge of your European sales? I see a link to ASA on your website, but it's not clear whether they act as dealer or producer of the 2" correctors.

I live in Belgium so I would welcome sales in north-western Europe !

Peter

Archived