Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Meissa or Lambda Orionis Nebula HaRGB.

ollypenrice

This is the top part of my 'Great Orion Project.'

The bright red giant is Betelguese. This is 2 panels at 85mm in a Samyang camera lens and Atik 4000, 15x10mins RGB per panel and 12 hours of Ha. The nebula is huge and very faint. It will need double the RGB time to stand up at full size but with a 6 panel final shot I may compromise on that! This is only a quick experiment.

Olly

1122233981_fNLPu-X2.jpg

Edited by ollypenrice
  • Like 3

Stunning Olly - please excuse my ignorance - how did you get 8 point diffraction spikes??

Skill and daring!!

No, it is the iris in the camera lens from stopping down to around f5. I quite like it but if it looks dodgy on the final image I will run around the big stars in the TEC140 and Registar them in over the diffraction effects.

Olly

Edited by ollypenrice

An award winner in the making here Olly, it has that potential, so take it all the way. It is going to be a belter.

Hope you and the good lady enjoyed the show in Toulon by the way.:)

Ron.

Thanks Ron and indeed we did. Rob made us feel like royalty...

Olly

Awesome shot Olly! How did you combine the HA? Just used it as luminance or did you mix it with red?

regards,

Pieter

Thanks to all. Pieter, Ha was added to red at 100 percent in blend mode lighten and then at 30 percent in blend mode normal and finally at 10 percent as luminance. Still experimenting...

Olly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 years later...

An absolutely stunning photograph. Have you ever revisited Meissa and got in a little closer?  I would love to see your efforts if you have.  Such a gorgeous region of the sky 🙂