Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Omni XLT 102ED OTA Promotion

FLO

We have seven one Celestron Omni XLT 102 ED Optical tubes available at only £429! :)

The Omni XLT 102ED is clearly related to the Skywatcher Evostar 100ED. Optically it is one of the most impressive four-inch refractors available with high contrast and excellent colour correction. Mechanically it is near identical to the Skywatcher but with a R&P focuser. The focuser is actually quite good and the fitting is standard Synta so a Moonlite or similar focuser could easily be fitted at a later date.

Genuine unopened Celestron UK stock with two-year manufacturer's warranty.

celestron_omni_xlt_102ed.jpg

It does include tube rings and dovetail :)

I sometimes forget that SGL is growing at such a pace that many members don't yet know us. We have received a number of emails politely asking "what is the catch?". There isn't one :D

First Light Optics is an official Celestron dealer. They are not grey-imports, product returns, refurbished or demo stock. They are brand new, latest model, unopened, genuine UK stock with a full two-year manufacturer's warranty.

Hope that helps,

Steve

Essentially the Celestron is a Skywatcher 100ED. It comes from the same factory. Skywatcher and Celestron are trading names for the same company - Synta.

They have different focusers. The Skywatcher 100ED DS PRO has a dual-speed Crayford focuser whereas the Celestron Omni XLT 102 ED is fitted with a single-speed Rack and Pinion Crayford focuser. To be fair, if you are serious about imaging you will probably upgrade both focusers anyhow. The Moonlite focuser shown on our website is actually James' own fitted to his previous generation Celestron 100ED.

moonlite_focuser_refractor.jpg

There might be a subtle difference in lens coatings between the two models (Celestron are proud of their Starbright XLT multicoatings) but we cannot be sure as the brands market the same optic differently.

Optically it has an excellent reputation for lunar and planetary observing, there must be dozens of images posted here on SGL made using one or other version of the same telescope.

HTH,

Steve :)

I've just seen Deneb's new Celestron and I don't know how I'm going to get to sleep tonight.The anticipation is too much as I've just bought one to."Come on wife,it's Deneb's fault ,not mine."

The trouble is Deneb is eating mince pie's and will get sticky finger marks on his new ota.Oh well He'll have to by another Celestron.

Hope the night skies remain clear in the next few days

Grumpy Martian.

Your link points to the Ebay store Lincolnshire Optics (also known as Northern Optics). Their Ebay store isn't currently listing telescopes but their website store does list the cheaper Omni XLT 102 achromat, which isn't the same telescope. Here it is on our site:

Omni XLT Series - Celestron Omni XLT 102

The model we are offering is the one with Ohara FPL-53 glass:

Optical Tube Assemblies - Celestron Omni XLT 102 ED OTA

Hope that helps :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived