Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Canon 400D with SW EXPLORER-200P

The_PSY3NTIST

Hi Guys. Wondered if anyone could help me with this... Ive managed to pick up a Canon 400D and the 1.25 t adapter for it but cant get focus. Its asif the cam needs to be just a bit closer. Im totaly new to Imaging so apologies in advance if its something obvious :)

Thanks

I had the same problem. Easy solution is to either use a barlow (downside is it reduces the light reaching the cameras sensor), or use the direct camera connection.

If your 200P has the Crayford focuser with 1.25" adapter, you can unscrew the 1.25" adapter and attach the T-ring to the focuser thread. This is the direct camera connection. I didn't even know it was there until recently :).

Hope this helps.

It's best not to use a 1.25" fitting with a DSLR as this will cause vignetting. This will cause the edges of the picture to darken as if you were looking down a tube.

As the others have said the camera needs to be closer to bring it to focus. A lot of newtonians need the main mirror moving up the tube by using the collimation screws to push the mirror up or alternatively a lower profile focuser.

As Glider says, you should be able to do this without any drastic adjustments. I had one of the old Blue 200P Skywatchers, and my 400D focussed fine if you unscrew the 1.25" eyepiece holder as described and screw the T2 thread into the Canon adaptor.

• 1 month later...

Archived