Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC891 & Abell Galaxy Cluster 347

Shibby

In addition to M33: http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/121629-m33-triangulum-galaxy.html I also imaged this nice field of galaxies on the same night.

There are so many fuzzies there it's a lovely region! I must devote some more time to it in the future...

Sywatcher 150PDS, unguided

37x2min, Nikon D70, ISO-800

Here's the image. The Astrometry solver should pick it up soon here: NGC891 & Abell Galaxy Cluster 347 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

ngc891.jpg

Some strange lines appeared just at the top of the image, I think they are due to frost.

Edit: I don't know what photobucket does to jpegs but they always look poor. Anyone know of any better image hosting sites??

post-17708-133877508533_thumb.jpg

Thanks chaps, it's a lovely subject. I'm definitely inspired to seek out more galaxy clusters!

Bravo ! Bravo ! Nice shot, nice to see your still doing unguided work, i will posting a guide on my site soon. Have you bought a coma corrector yet..

I look forward to your guide! Nope, no coma corrector yet but it's on my list to Santa :D

Archived