740427863_Terminatorchallenge.jpg.2f4cb93182b2ce715fac5aa75b0503c8.jpg

M33 - finally one clear night !

paulobao

Hello astrofriends,

This is my first one taken from my new observatory (rolloff type).

Weather is nasty here in Portugal for weeks!

I managed to get the data for the M33 at -3.9 ºC outside temperature and ice everywere!!!

Tak FS102NSV @ f/6.2 + QSI532WS-M1

L- 12x10min

R,G,B - 6x10min each

All at bin 1x1 and at -30ºC CCD temperature.

2 processing versions...to continue!

Version 1 - LRGB

processamentov121.jpg

Version 2 - RGB

processamentov32copy.jpg

Cheers,

paulo

One of the best M33's I've seen, and you don't really have loads of data either.

5 hours is a lot for a QSI 532!

Cracking M33 Paulo. I wouldn't complain too much about your weather in Portugal round these parts though :D

Thanks all, you are very kind :D.

-11 ºC, uau that's cold!

This is my first photo ever inside my new roloff observatory and I have already learned, at least, one thing! With this kind of temperatures and humidity (frost) you cannot close the roof anymore (at least mine did not that night at 2 something am). Solution...pour lot of hot water at the rails and wait a minute or so :D.

The Ha layer would have helped a lot for the nebulas at M33 but I had no time. When I finished the last colour channel, M33 it was too low (about 27º alt).

To restart/continue one day!

Cheers,

paulo

Gosh, I missed these Paolo. Very good indeed. I prefer the colour balance in the RGB only but I doubt that this has anything to do with the L channel. It is a remarkably hard object, M33. I m never sure why this is so but it is!

Olly

Gosh, I missed these Paolo. Very good indeed. I prefer the colour balance in the RGB only but I doubt that this has anything to do with the L channel. It is a remarkably hard object, M33. I m never sure why this is so but it is!

Olly

Eye of the beholder and all that, I much prefer the colour in the LRGB. A bit to much green in the RGB for my liking, the LRGB looks spot on