Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CPC 925 First Light - Disaster

Anth, I don't know if replacing the power supply with one with "real juice" solved your CPC problem, even that it should, but as you were able to provide the first alignment (three stars and so on) with the tinny power supply, I suspect that it may create problems, but it might align Andromeda, Jupiter, etc, but not to the floor.

A weak power supply would cause any motor to fail, and worse, the CPC has sensors that check motor response. The controller send commands, if the motor does not react and feedback is missing at the controller, it will signal "motor failure". If the error message wasn't launched, it means the motor WAS in fact rotating, just the force was not being transfered to the OTA, since the clutch know could be not tight.

The Alt motor might fail steps, but not drop to the floor. You know what? I wonder if the Alt Clutch Knob wasn't somehow not complete tight. If you didn't tight it correctly, during the initial setup and alignment, it may get loose by itself and by vibration, moves, etc, the scope would go down by its own weight.

I know several days passed by, but to test this possibility I would ask you to try to move the OTA using the controller UP key... and see if the OTA climbs up.

Please inform what was the real solution for the problem.

Wagner

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived