SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Another are dotted with galaxies in Triangulum

mdstuart

A lovely clear but cold night. Andromeda galaxy right overhead!

My 11 year old Josh had a look at M36/37 the double cluster, Jupiter, Albeiro and Andromeda which he described as the faint grey oval! He is enjoying his hyperion eyepiece. He said I want my own telescope! He just loves the stars..I showed him the milky way which we could see tonight running overhead...

Anyway on to the faint fuzzies..

I tried NGC499 first...surprisingly bright, it could be held with direct vision. Perhaps it was as it was overhead and a lovely night?...

Went on ot NGC507/513 and then found the pair NGC 529/536..Anothe fine couple showing up in the 6mm FOV.

So feeling really pleased went in to log my finds..and hey there are loads of others some of which I could perhaps have located with averted vision if I had looked harder. I really must use the uranometria rather than the mag 9 atlas!

It was a very successful evening with 5 new galaxies noted so perhaps should not grumble.:D

Mark

Hello Mark. Yes it was a clear night and I managed to view another 4 galaxies from the Herschel 400 list.

I checked out the positions of the NGC galaxies that you viewed which are shown in my Uranometria atlas in extra detail on page A7. I noticed that NGC499 is surrounded by other galaxies - I wonder how many I can see with my 10"? Must give them a look sometime.

Mark

• 5 weeks later...

Archived