SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

I've cheated a little...

Caz

...made my pic look like a mosaic, but there was method in my madness, part of the moon was way too over exposed, but liked the detail along the terminator, so just cropped away.... I'm a little bit cheesed off with my scope atm, although colimation was done a few days ago, taking afocal shots, clearly highlights it still has issues... :D

Its not brilliant, not my best any means, but thought I would contribute to the imaging section.... :)

image.jpg

Click to enlarge

Caz

Nice detail down the term Caz 8) You do like those mos's we have been treated to don't you? You've captured the sTyle well to serve your purpose (though are you sure the bits you've cut away are beyond your fine editing skills???). Are you going to call this one 'Faux Mos'? :D

I was pushed for time last night, clouds where making an appearance, excuses, excuses. :) I tried Auto and Manual settings on my Minolta, adjusted the focal length settings ect., I did use a filter, baader skyglow with a 25mm ep. It doesn't help the fact, that the lense of the camera is indeed concaved, it won't sit flush to the ep!

It was pretty much trial and error, I'm embarrassed to say that I took over 50 shots last night, 2 where salvagable... :D Like I say, collimation is still not 100%, my handshake didn't help, more excuses!!! So under the circumstances, I'm suprised I got what I did!

Caz

Am I right in thinking your holding the camera whilst taking the shots Caz?

I am indeed, I've tussled with the idea of purchasing a brackett thing, but not sure...

Read somewhere you can increase detail contrast with a H-alpha filter. Wonder what it'd be like with that AND a grey to dim the real bright stuff?

Sounds like a plan SR, anything is worth a go!

Archived