SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Worried about the bad weather

Steve 1962

Even as we speak, an angry mob is congregating just outside Wellington, armed with pitchforks (well, it is Somerset), firebrands and chanting anti-EQ6 slogans. 'Tis a devilish omen that the Pro mount is painted white - same colour as the snow. If I wur thee I'd start making sacrifices to the Weather Gods.....

i find the colder the weather the clearer the skys! if u have i praise u for the fantastic seeing weather!!!

Someone correct me if i am way off here. But i THINK i remember reading once that cold weather isn't all that good for seeing? In my mind it would be, but i just have this distinct feeling i was surprised by the fact that it wasn't??

Could be way off, ive read so many books on astronomy now that it is actualy all confusing me now! Lol

thanks,

Michael

You need the air to be stable and in warm weather that is not going to be overly common. The land will be warmed and so air at night rises and causes distortions. In cold there is more chance of less air movement.

I would say that if it is cold due to a depression (anticyclone) then probably the air is not stable although the temperature is usually lower.

Think that a high pressure (cyclone) tends to deliver the more stable air but we associate these with warmer weather.

At times like this we may have both high pressure and cold. So no great air movement and no convection.

Shame it is simply too blumming cold to stand outside. :D:evil6::D

Probably utterly wrong but it sounds good.

Ignore the brilliance just stick to the cow manure approach.;)

A lovely NEQ6 Pro turned up this morning ..and no sign of an angry mob yet!

Budski scared the muck out of me so I've been out and waisailled a few apple trees to bits...and now the snow's gone!

Maybe there's some merit in going pagan - All kneel and hail Caillech now for clear skies!

If by going Pagan you intend to celebrate the moon god naked in this weather, I would strongly advise against it - would certainly have a noticeable effect on your 'counter weights' :D

Congratulations on your recent purchase, these mounts perform so well and are great value for the money.

Clear skies (+ thermals :D)

James

Hi Steve, I am reliably informed (from a source close to the Weather Gods) that your timely sacrificial offering has been accepted. Enjoy your new mount - it's a solid piece of engineering and when aligned accurately provides spot-on tracking.

Fingers crossed it might be clear later, but thats going by what sat24 says and not the mess office. Im eager to try out my Baader LRGB set, but just havent had any clear sky.

Fortunately yesterdays rain washed most of the snow away so no more worries about falling down the steps! Got a bag of salt on standby anyway :D

My EQ6 arrived 3 weeks ago, and my atik 314L last week, may I apologise to all for the bad weather my purchases caused, still haven't had first light with these bad boys yet.. My own fault I suppose.

Sorry again.

Archived